Everything about Instagram influencers seems to attract people nowadays. It really thrills how they spend their time posing for the camera and getting not only much appreciation and love by thousands, if not millions of people on the web but also quite not a bad profit. The diversity of Instagram influencer types is conditioned under their profession, passion and what they turn to be especially good at. Surely, some are much cooler than others. It all depends on the personality and his followers. For instance, more women would like to be fashion influencers to dress well and get clothes by famous brands as gifts, than fitness influencers who have to spend their days in the gym and get free protein powders by sponsors. Anyway, regardless of the influencer type, one has to work hard and devote much time to their craft to create the necessary reputation. And unlike fashion or lifestyle influencers, who organize their activities right from the comfort of their homes (well, at least their cities) travel influencers have to show the best in them and the places they visit. And be sure, they travel a lot! At the same time, this work of an influencer seems to be the most exciting and memorable one. And as one of the most searched queries on Google of 2017 was “how to become a successful travel blogger”, InstaBF, the Instagram and IGTV provider you can always trust, is going to address to the matter right now!
So, if you are passionate toward traveling and are sure you can be the Instagram travel influencer to inspire thousands of users, here are several tips to get started with.
Accept it as a Full-Time Job
If you’re planning to become a really famous travel influencer who gets big payments for visiting this or that resort, it’s crucial to accept it as a full-time job. Traveling once or twice a year is not an option. The whole world becomes your home. It’s really very scary. Just count: you have no job – respectively no salary to get, you have to spend on every trip from your credit card and expect no revenue in the nearest future. An immense leap of faith is a necessity to step into the life of a traveler. Take it as an investment in your new business as Instagram influencing is a real business!
Be prepared that it will take some time before you get to the point when your traveling will bring you profits. Do it for the right reason – you simply love traveling! If you really have the passion to explore the world and share your adventures, it won’t be so difficult to wait until you get your first free stay in a hotel. Without loving what you do, it will be impossible to prosper it.
Invest in Your Craft
To make money you need to spend money. With this said, you need to invest in your craft before you start off. This can be purchasing good quality cameras, GoPro’s or drones, as well as attending Photoshop, video editing, and photography classes. You can also pay for advertisements on Instagram. To have your first posts sponsored, invest some money.
Find Your Style
Every successful Instagram travel influencer has a unique voice that can be noticed in every photo/video. This can be the aesthetics, photos taken only outdoors, the glamorous, adventurous, funny or any other style, etc. Everything in their feeds is consistent. So, the same is expected of you. Get your own style, your niche that will make your photos stand out among the millions of others and never imitate other travelers.
Do a Research
Do some sort of research to find out what works better in the art of travel photography. For this, have a look at the photos of your favorite traveler influencers yet paying close attention to the engagement each post brought.
Step out of Your Comfort Zone
What do you think, why people love to follow travelers on Instagram? Yes, that’s right, to escape from their day-to-day routine. Taking this into account, avoid posting many photos in your hotel rooms. Do what you wouldn’t do before (bungee jumping, jungle strolling, diving, etc.). Even if you started in your hometown, look at it as a tourist. Make sure that whatever you do is interesting, sensational, thought-provoking, and, of course, challenging.
Set Up a Website
If you think the best Instagram influencers get along with merely their Instagram accounts, you are wrong. Most of them have blogs, Facebook pages, YouTube channels, and websites. Instagram captions are, as a rule, too short to share all the expressions you got when traveling. Hence, teasing your followers with a charming photo and a caption with a link to your blog/website to read the whole story is a sure way of presenting yourself as a professional traveler.
What can go better with the dramatic tones and the candid style of street photography than the raw, instant nature, as well as the square format of Instagram?! Street photography is an art, a talent of a photographer to see much behind the ordinary life scenes and his ability to transfer it through light, timing, and perspective. Instagram can be acquired as a huge world living its own life and having all the wonders of a real world including amazing street photographers. They keep on capturing portraits with not only cityscapes but also the raw emotions of passersby creating visual stories from the urban lifestyle for around 800 million Instagram users. Feel attracted to find the best Instagram street photographers to follow? Or perhaps you already feel tempted to try this art yourself? In both cases, InstaBF one of the most outstanding providers of Instagram likes, comments, and followers, will satisfy you.
Best Instagram Street Photographers
J.N. Silva (@jnsilva)
With around 316k followers on Instagram, this street photographer is popular for his unique representation of urban life. His pictures are full of colorful streets and people, original juxtapositions of cityscapes and nature.
David Alan Harvey (@davidalanharvey)
David is a real “veteran” of street photography, yet his mind-blowing works can also be categorized into fine art. The contrast, the brightness and the perfect playing with light and shadows make his works truly admirable! Each photo vividly tells a story you can’t but get attracted to.
Dave Krugman (@dave.krugman)
This Boston-based street photographer and social media expert with around 272k followers on Instagram presents to our attention moody street shots. Most of them are city pictures at night or architectural images.
Other highly talented street photographers your can follow on Instagram are Steven John Irby (@steavesweatpants), Eric Veloso (@ericveloso), Paola Franqui (@Monaris_), and others.
How You Can Approach Street Photography
Do you feel attracted or even obsessed with the idea of becoming a street photographer? Do you have your camera ready yet need a trigger to ease you into the fantastic world of this art? If yes, let’s go!
- Depending on the country you plan to photograph in, you may either need a proper model release form signed or not to use the photos of strangers you take.
- Shooting street photography on your own makes you more invisible. Yet, if you feel shy, take a friend with you for the first several “crawl outs”.
- Start street photographing in public busy places such as outdoor events, markets, etc. Pay attention to street performers, as they are always telling a story in their own way and are never against being photographed.
- Finding a stage especially in a foreign city is also important. Find an interesting place with an architectural or unique background, get a convening place for you near it and wait for your “right” people to walk through your frame.
- Picture easily-recognizable silhouettes in your photos. These can be people with umbrellas or cameras, lovers holding hands or kids playing with pets, etc.
- Remember that it’s all about emotions. If you photograph people, either their actions or expressions should tell a story. Elderly people, children, young couples in love appear like open books on photos. Make use of this fact!
- Trust your inner artist. If you want to bring a timeless quality to your photo, proceed it in black and white; yet if you find the photo looks especially attractive with colors, leave them original. Be the creator and the judge of your art yourself!
If you are running an Instagram account for promoting your business, then you should approach the task with great responsibility. Every step you make should be well considered and schemed. And if you wonder exactly what you should do and what not on Instagram, InstaBF is going to make everything vivid. Before that, we would like to remind you that whenever you need an extra “bunch” of new followers, you can apply to InstaBF. This is a leading service that provides Instagram likes, comments, and followers at a sensible price. All the accounts of this service are real-looking ones with active engagements.
Dos on Instagram
- The first “do” of Instagram is constantly checking the insights. The strategy you adopt for running a successful business Instagram account should be flexible enough to give you space for maneuvers. In fact, Instagram users are unpredictable and even the most accurately-schemed strategy may appear inefficient. Hence, it’s crucial to regularly check the data of your Instagram insights (website clicks, top posts, profile views, impressions etc.). The latter will show you which tactics work better and should be kept, and which are better to abandon.
- The next “do” is showing your human side. Statistics show that users are more attracted to those accounts which contain everyday life content and don’t look too artificial. For this, include behind-the-scenes content or posts related particularly to you and not merely your brand (even if it’s your business account).
- The third “Instagram do” is related to changing the link in the Bio. As you know, there can be no links in the captions, hence using your only chance is more than crucial. Change the link in your bio as needed for reflecting our current marketing efforts.
- And the last “do” we’ll recommend to our Instagram users, is devoting enough time to engaging with followers. Don’t deceive yourself with the thought you can get along with solely posting. Nurturing relationships with your followers, as well as current clients and potential followers is a must for leading a succeeded Instagram strategy.
Don’ts on Instagram
- The first advice not to do on Instagram is posting like there’s no tomorrow. Even if you have a huge stuff to share and communicate with your followers, don’t do it at once. Be certain, your followers won’t like their feeds spammed with only your posts. Instead, create a consistent post rate as a component of a long-term strategy. This will bring you more followers and a better engagement.
- Another “don’t” concerns posting photos which don’t satisfy you. The visual platform Instagram won’t forgive you even a single “not so good” photo posted. Wishy-washy, shaky or blurry images can only win you negative reactions. Hence, make sure every single post (exceptionally high quality) you make adheres to your brand’s aesthetics and cohesive style.
- And the final “don’t-do” advice for Instagram business account owners is not to be too promotional. Undoubtedly, the foremost purpose of your account is to promote your brand and boost your sales. Yet, pushing too hard on that purpose may lead you to lose your followers and potential customers. There are a place and a time for selling, stick to that and do never make pressure on your followers.
One can’t deny that Stories form if not the basis of Instagram, then at least one of the most important features. In fact, the first thing that comes to mind when launching Instagram is checking your friends’ stories and, of course, creating yours for that day. With people becoming more and more creative, it becomes quite harsh to compete with today’s leading stories. Putting aside the social media’s updates and new features that we constantly expect so much, putting our creative muscles to work becomes a necessity. Actually, there are so many under-used current features from gimmicks to cool tricks that can help us scheme simply fabulous Instagram stories to amaze our followers and attract new ones. And today, InstaBF, a reliable provider of Instagram likes, comments and followers on an affordable and timely basis, wants to share some grandiose ideas with you.
A Photo inside a Photo
Putting a selfie sticker on your Instagram Story is the same as having an image inside another. Needless to say how funky this looks! Besides, this trick gives you much space for working out your imagination and implementing the bravest ideas. How to do it? Just adhere to the following guide:
- Open your stories;
- Record or upload a story;
- Open the stickers for stories;
- Choose the icon “camera”;
- Take a selfie or a simple photo (the choice is up to you);
- Move the new selfie/photo to the necessary spot.
Playing with this feature as much as you want, you’ll create some fantastic stories!
Making Live Photos Boomerangs
Live photos are always so nice as long as you know how to use them productively but what if we turn them into Instagram boomerang stories? Won’t they become even more interesting? For this, no magic trick is needed. A couple of steps mentioned below will help you create a marvelous Instagram Story today!
- Pick up a live photo or take a new one;
- Open the Stories feature;
- Upload your live photo;
- Tap and hold the live photo till it is converted into a Boomerang.
A Revealing Instagram Story
Most probably you haven’t used the brush tool so much (if you’ve ever used) for creating Instagram Stories. And today, it’s high time you do this little funny trick, and amuse your followers. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Stories in Normal Mode;
- Upload your photo;
- Pick up a brush;
- Tap and hold long on the color you wish;
- Pick up the eraser;
- Erase the little space on the photo you want to be seen.
Bring in the Rainbow
You definitely love writing in colors. And who doesn’t? It’s a cool trend and the cooler is only to write in rainbow colors. For this, you could select a color for each letter one by one. But you are searching a way to do it like a Pro, don’t you? We’ll tell you how to.
So, choose the text that you want to turn into a rainbow. Using only one finger tap and hold the color you want. Use another finger to hold tightly to the blue text selector line. Once done, you’ll need to move those both fingers at the same speed. Don’t hope to succeed form the first time. Try this technique a couple of times and you will get your speed and coordination right. Once you’ve practiced enough, you’ll create rainbow texts for Instagram Stories easily!
Adding Music to Your Stories
Music makes wonders! Life would be so boring without music, won’t it? And if you haven’t been adding music to your Instagram stories, you have missed a lot. Did you know that Instagram has announced about adding a native music feature to Stories? Nevertheless, till that, we’ll have to follow these simple steps and DIY:
- Open your phone’s music application;
- Tap the play button on the song you want to add to a Story;
- Open Instagram Stories and record a video.
Planning to rest while a bunch of work yet awaits you? Agree that being a social media manager is a tough task, as you never have enough time for only yourself. And even if you realize that you deserve that special vacation time at least once a year to get refreshed, energized and re-inspired for further work, you may find it hard to thoroughly abandon your work. What to do? Just check out the several tips by InstaBF, a known Instagram provider, what to do before, during and after your vacation this summer.
Before you Leave for a Vacation
No matter, if you are going to be away for a fortnight or a weekend, your team and community should be prepared for your absence. Hence, you’d better adhere to the following few starting tips:
Scheduling Instagram Content
The first step in preparing for being absent from work is discussing all the upcoming marketing campaigns or anything else concerning your job with your team. The moment you come to an agreement, schedule every content to be posted on a daily basis plus a couple of extra materials in case something goes wrong any previous one. If you are working alone and have no team to post for yourself, make use of any popular Instagram schedulers available today. They will automatically post the content you prepare even without your access.
Appoint Your Temporarily Substitute
No matter how unit and harmonious your team is, it needs a “point person” until you are away. This person (can be a contract worker or a team member) should be competent enough, as well as well aware of your work style to solve any matters or emergencies in your absence just the way you would. And if you are a solo Instagram social manager with no working team, ask a person you rely on to constantly check your posts’ comments, likes, or answer your DM’s, etc.
The Emergency Plan
Nothing can be guaranteed to go the way you plan initially. Hence, even if you are sure on your scheduled posts, a backup plan is a must. It should cover the following four points;
- What you understand by an emergency situation;
- Who you want to be notified about such a situation and when;
- How that person should keep you aware of the issue (a phone call, a coded message, etc.);
- What immediate measures the “point person” should undertake before you send a solution message.
During the Vacation
Now, when you have your posts planned beforehand and are ready for your deserved rest, here is what a proficient and responsible Instagram content manager should do during the vacation:
You deserve a good rest with no stressful messages, no checking in with your team, and so forth. Hence, you’d better DELETE or at least log out of all social media applications from your phone; remove any chat apps such as Slack or Google Hangouts; take snaps just for you, and not the Gram!
It’s quite possible that you won’t be able to completely detach from your business accounts in social media. In such cases, set strict boundaries. For instance, check in your Instagram business account just once a day to see how your team works, or how your scheduled posts meet their destination. Limit the time, set ten or fifteen minutes daily on checking your accounts.
After Your Vacation
Now, when you are back refreshed, and filled with new ideas, you need to slowly get back to work.
Don’t Rush Into Working
Do you remember the extra few posts you’d planned before leaving for a vacation? If they weren’t used to cover any emergency, get them to work now. Spend the first few days on setting back into your routine. Do it slowly not to feel overwhelmed.
Regrouping with Your Point Person
Once you are back to your office, regroup with your point person to find out how the things went while you were away. There might be certain serious things you ought to get informed about. If you think the person worked well, share your inspiration and new ideas (if you have some) with him/her.
Remember that even if you are an Instagram business manager who has to be liable 24/7, you have the right to take time off. This will boost not only your health but also your business and creativity!