Instagram fascinates its followers with a series of interesting features and there can be no doubt that Stories are the most useful. According to the statistics, around twenty-five hundred million people use this feature every day. What other proof do you need to start posting grandiose stories?
Stories got this mind-blowing popularity as they allow the user to post a bunch of photos instead of selecting carefully every single photo to post as usual. Besides, the photos included in the story are viewed as a slideshow. By the end of the day, they disappear giving you the opportunity to post a fresh story related to the new day.
Let’s observe some other details about Instagram stories.
Adding and Removing Stories
Adding a story to an Instagram account is as easy as ABC. To launch your Stories, just swipe right from your main screen. Then you can either shoot a photo/video on the spot or upload it from your camera roll. And after you save your new Story, telling about your unique (or maybe not so) experiences, it will be available for twenty-four hours. When the time expires, the content automatically disappears. However, if for some reason you no longer want the story to be seen, just delete it, Instagram has made this possible!
Instagram Helps to Make Unique Stories
- Want to add some fun to your story? Why won’t you make Boomerang videos?! These short videos that play forward and backward look so fun and exciting on Instagram! To make one, just go to your Stories camera and choose the Boomerang mode. Tap record and a brief burst of photographs will be taken. As a result, you will have a gif-like effect.
- Another great tool to use for taking mind-blowing Stories is the Hands-Free button. With its help, you can fix your phone and set the timer. You will have three seconds to get a charming posture before the camera will shoot you. Right this way, you can take a tutorial video for your followers on Instagram.
- Instagram has made it possible to make live videos, too. The moment you start your broadcast, by choosing the Live option and an appropriate filter, your followers will be informed you are online. Even if you add a friend, both of you can use absolutely different filters. By the way, there is a “magic” button on Instagram named Rewind that can puzzle your friends! It will play your videos backward. Be sure they will be definitely confused especially if it’s the first time you make use of the Rewind.
- With a bevy of customization options, Instagram does not yield to Snapchat. Switch on a filter to both your Story photos and videos (even live), add ready stickers from the huge gallery or turn your face into a unique sticker, or just completely forget about posting a photo and opt for making an art instead. Just select the color and make dots or stripes in any size on the canvas. Instagram encourages its users to reveal their inner artist and share the results with followers!
Share whatever you wish in your Stories while InstaBF will support you in getting as many likes, comments or followers as you wish! Become more known, appreciated and admired on Instagram with InstaBF.
The interface of Instagram Stories is intuitively clear to everyone, but some features are not obvious. Some sort of quick manual would be useful to a first-timer who’s going to post a story on Instagram. Though, it may be helpful for experienced users too.
If you are on the point of posting your story, the first thing you have to do is to swipe from the left part of the screen to the right on the Instagram homepage. To make photo or video, press the circle on the bottom of the screen. By swiping down one may open the media selection window.
There’s also another way of making a story. Just choose the tab of your account where your photos are shown and press “+” near the profile image.
Instagram Stories feature maintains five modes of video making:
- “Live stream”. Having chosen this option, you may broadcast from the camera of the smartphone. After finishing of the air you can share the video on Instagram.
- Usual mode. A quick tap makes photos, a long pressing creates a video clip.
- “Boomerang”. That means a short animation. Boomerang-mode would be great for shooting dynamic clips.
- Reverse mode. It allows you to play video backwards.
- “Free hands”. By a quick tap one may launch a 15-second shooting, and there’s no need to hold the record button.
The maintained formats
Videos and photos in Instagram Stories are vertical. By importing of horizontal media files they are cut. For choosing the desired image area before the story posting you may use the cutting option in a standard picture editor.
Maximum video length amounts to 15 seconds. In case you import a longer clip, it will be shortened. It’s possible to upload only those pics and videos to the story which have been made within the last 24 hours.
If you want to add a sticker to your story, just press the respective icon after shooting or swipe up the screen.
By pressing the sticker and holding your finger on it you may delete it. There will appear a dustbin icon at the bottom of the screen, and you have to transfer it right there.
Adding a selfie
On the screen line of stickers you may find an icon with a cam. Use it for making a selfie and implementing it to your story. The borders of image can be blurred or accented with a white frame. Selfie-option lets you express your emotional attitude to what you’ve posted.
Alas, there’s no such a feature which would allow a musical accompaniment for a story. Still, you can do it. Music on the smartphone goes on when you’re watching Instagram stories. The same applies to the video shooting: just turn on the favorite song on a streaming service or in a social network and start creating your story!
Now you see how to operate that feature. For more popularity visit InstaBF – here it’s possible to buy likes, subscribers and views. It’s never too late to become an Instagram star!
Now you can view not only the Stories created by your friends and favorite Instagram users. Instagram has introduced location- and hashtag-based Stories. So you can see a compilation of posts created by the user community in a certain location or follow the hashtag and see what people think and feel about this or that topic or event. To include your post into a Location or a Hashtag Story you should either use the location/hashtag sticker or include the hashtag into the caption of your post. Check the Explore tab to learn more about the location Stories.
The new functionality provides excellent tools not only for average users eager to check what’s going on on a music festival or trying to find out whether the weather is worth going out today. Instagram claims there will be no ads in the Story search; still, It will be a very useful instrument for promoters, marketeers, eCommerce specialists allowing to get a direct reach certain target audiences
Here is a short description of a new functionality from Instagram: “From discovering new parts of your own city to jogging alongside the #fromwhereirun community all around the world, location and hashtag stories help you share these experiences as they unfold”.
The associated stories will include only the posts tagged with a location/hashtag sticker or an underlined hashtag. The users can also enable more wide distribution of the content by clicking “X” on their Stories view counter. This also indicates the number of views for the post in the Explore tab.
So, this is how you can add a geosticker to your post.
- Swipe right to start a Story and take a picture and tap the smiley icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose the location sticker from the respective menu. The system will offer a bunch of nearby places, use the search if you do not see the proper one.
- Adjust your sticker according to your taste. You can change the size, the appearance of the sticker and remove it by dragging it the trash icon.
Unleash your creativity, make your posts catchy and include them in location or hashtag stories – this maybe a great opportunity to gain more followers. Everyone is interested in what’s going on in their neighborhoods even if the live in the middle of nowhere. Location stories may be extremely useful for questing and flash mobs and for organizing local communities.
Hashtag stickers will help you to find followers all over the world – just create a proper content for like-minded people and you will get an amazing feedback. Use the search to analyze the trends and sculpture your content to be catchy and interesting and that’s it!
The constantly extending Instagram Stories functionality seems to open new horizons both for the average users and for SMM professionals. The guys from Instagram have introduced a bunch of new features recently. In this post, we will discuss 3 of them: face filters (similar to Snapchat), reverse video playing mode, and the eraser drawing tool. In this article, we will provide a brief review of these amazing features.
This feature is somewhat similar to Lenses in Snapchat. Sharing a face filter on Stories is activated with a simple right swipe from the home screen of the app and a single tap on the new face icon in the bottom right corner. The set of filters includes a number of various items (crowns, animal emojis, geek-looking glasses with mathematical formulas swarming over your head).
When the recording is ready there are a few options to use it: you can either send it to your friend with the Instagram Direct functionality or make it a part of a story. Face filters are available in all the Instagram modes. Take pictures, shoot a video or create a Boomerang – face filters will make any of your posts eye-catching and impressive.
Video Reverse Mode in Stories
The reverse mode (what a surprise!) allows you to rewind your videos and play them backward.
To activate this mode, open the Stories section and select the Reverse option from the bottom list (Live, Normal, Boomerang, Hands-Free). Hit the record button and create a bunch of various videos from comical sketches inspired by old-school cinema to psychedelic footage of the city life or the snowfall floating up into the skies.
The creative opportunities provided by the reverse video functionality are limited only by your imagination, so do not be afraid to experiment and share your experience with your followers. You will be surprised at how easy and entertaining the video creation may be.
Eraser Brush in Instagram Stories
This small yet useful tool makes it possible to adjust your drawings added to pictures without the inevitable use of the “undo” button. At first glance, the eraser may seem to be quite an ordinary tool we have already seen in countless image editors – just select the tool to remove this or that part of your drawing and that’s it.
Still, you have just to add a little bit of your creativity to make some sort of a scratch card by filling the entire screen with a certain color (just hold for a few seconds with the drawing tool and the photo/video will be filled with the selected color) and then editing it with the eraser. Act like an archaeologist revealing the ancient hieroglyphs on an Egyptian obelisk or create the misted glass effect – this will make even the most trivial post attractive and bring you a few likes.
Just do not be afraid to unleash your creativity and imagination!